- Tag der Veröffentlichung
- Aktualisiert am
- Offener Wettbewerb
- Architekten, Absolventen, Studenten
- 204 Arbeiten
- Abgabetermin Pläne
1. Preis: Evan Shieh · Ali Chen,
2. Preis: Niculae Grama · Valentin Ionascu · Mihai Chisarau · Marius Pandele,
3. Preis: Kacper Radziszewski · Jakub Grabowski,
Anerkennung: Jerome Chiarodo · Regis Maillet · Julien Gougeat · Laure Besson,
Anerkennung: Kim Kyungsik · Liu Tengjia · Quian Kun,
Anerkennung: Jovan Kocic,
Anerkennung: Ognjen Dzomba · Kjordje Kuridza,
Anerkennung: Filomena Visone · Adrian Eugen Cornea,
Anerkennung: Marta Komorowska · Bartosz Koszalka,
Anerkennung: Atelier du Pont,
Offener internationaler Ideenwettbewerb
Wettbewerbsaufgabe / Competition assignment
Dubai is a city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), located within the emirate of the same name. The emirate of Dubai is located on the southeast coast of the Persian Gulf and is one of the seven emirates that make up the country. It has the largest population in the UAE and the second-largest land territory (4,114 km2) after Abu Dhabi.
The program for this Competition is to design an Architecture School Tower with capacity for up to 2000 students. The following zones should be clearly defnied within the building design proposal. Administrative Zone
- A zone destined for administrative staff including Offices, Meeting rooms, etc..
- Teaching: A zone allocated for a number of Classrooms, Workshops, Art Studios, Seminar rooms, Lecture Theatres, etc..
- Library: A zone to house collections of books, periodicals, films, recorded media, reference material, number of computer workstations, etc.
- Academic staff offices & Research spaces: A zone for educational staff where they could have Offices, Meeting rooms, Printer room, Lockers, Social area, etc..
- Computer Centre: A zone destined to accomodate Workstations, Photocopying, 2D and 3D Printing facilities, other innovative technology services etc.
Social and Welfare Zone
- A zone allocated to student social and welfare activities with Cafe, Restaurant, Student union, Exhibition area, Student Shop, Careers advice, Student Travel Agency, Events space, etc.
Professional Practice Zone
- A zone destined for offices for a professional architecture practice linked to or affiliated to the architecture school where students may also undertake real life work experience, internships, work after graduation etc.
- A zone of first contact with Entrance Hall, Reception desk, Security point, school Exhibition foyer, Waiting area, Information, Lifts, etc.
- A zone which includes General Storage, Loading area, Refuse area, Plant room, etc..
- An external with Parking, Landscaping, Emergency/Fire escape meeting points, etc..
No site has been specified for this Architecture School Competition as Participants are free to choose their own site within the city of Dubai for the proposed Tower.