- Tag der Veröffentlichung
- Offener Wettbewerb
- World Architecture Festival
World Architecture Festival and storytelling platform PechaKucha have joined forces to launch a competition for designers thinking about future post-virus environments.
The competition is free-to-enter and open to all architects, designers and engineers. The best ideas will be exhibited at World Architecture festival 2020 in Lisbon (2 to 4 December) and all entries will be free to view on a dedicated WAF page on PechaKucha.
The Covid-19 crisis has focussed attention on the living and collective spaces we inhabit and use in our everyday life. Given the necessary isolation for individuals, families, communities and cities, how can we use design to alleviate or improve the physical and psychological contexts in which we live, work and play? World Architecture Festival and PechaKucha.com are inviting architects, designers and engineers to suggest ideas, both big and small, which show how we could mitigate the effects of future pandemics through design.
We will show and discuss a selection of ideas at WAF 2020, which takes place in Lisbon from 2 to 4 December this year.
The competition brief
– Architects, designers, engineers and students of these disciplines are invited to submit ideas about how to combat the effects of isolation on individuals, families, communities and cities
– The ideas can address the topic of isolation at any scale and in respect of any geography or social context
– These could range from mitigation to transformation; they could include product design, interior design, house plans, housing estate layouts, transport facilities, workplace architecture, open-space design, and city-wide initiatives including landscape interventions
– Proposals may be for either permanent or temporary conditions, and relate to either physical or digital initiatives (or combination)
– Entries should be in the form of a PechaKucha presentation - 20 images with voiceover - and submitted by using PechaKucha‘s new software PK Create.
Open for registration: 30 April
Submissions deadline: 31 August
Judging: late September, you will be notified soon after if you are a finalist
Exhibition: WAF Lisbon, 2 to 4 December where the winner will be revealed!
Publication: WAF supplement in Architectural Review, April 2021
All of the judges will view each of the finalists presentations on the PechaKucha‘s WAF page.
– Nigel Coates, designer, creative director, INSIDE
– Ralph Johnson, architect, WAF category winner
– Dame Laura Lee, CEO, Maggie’s Centres
– Sharon Davis, architect, WAF category winner
– Sunand Prasad, architect, Past-President, RIBA
– Peter Exley, co-founder, Architecture is Fun, and President-Elect, AIA
– Representatives from WAF and PechaKucha.com
More information and details at