- Tag der Veröffentlichung
- Abgabetermin Pläne
- Studenten der Architektur
Happy Spaces – Integrating Architecture and Landscape
UIA Union Internationale des Architectes / International Union of Architects, Paris
Tianjin University, Tianjin
Architecture in Transformation should respond to contemporary challenges and changes. What concerns us primarily is the relationship between architecture and city, as well as the one between architecture and natural environment. The competition aims at searching and constructing human space with a Spirit of Place in the increasingly fragmented cities and unordered villages, exploring environment-friendly and sustainable ideas in the information age, and integrating creative concepts with solid basic skills in architectural design. The competition requires the participants to make detailed insights and reflections on architectural development, explore complicated demands of the people nowadays for architecture and environment, pay attention to specific sites and the events happening in them, and configure viable and dynamic urban and architectural spaces, at the same time seek suitable techniques to guarantee the possibility of implementation of the project.
Topic: Happy Spaces – Integrating Architecture and Landscape
Participants can choose sites in a degraded urban/ landscape area, preferably at the periphery (anywhere in the world). The site shall include construction area and surrounding area of the building. The student proposal should become a unit that can be imagined as a whole.
* A degraded area can be for instance an urban unstructured area, residual zones where urban planning didn’t arrive or didn’t have a positive effect, areas that remained un-integrated in a city/landscape, self-constructed neighborhoods. They can be areas that remained isolated, can be difficult neighborhoods, areas with social conflict or poverty, areas that have been damaged and need reconstruction, etc. They are places that are not attractive for the people or investors.
- It is compulsory that the context is existing, and participants shall define how their intervention can improve the quality, the value, the social life, the wellness and transform it into an attractive one.
- The surrounding area can vary in dimensions, but it has to guarantee the integration of the building with the surroundings. The participants should include a surrounding area that can create an ecosystem together with the building/ buildings itself.
- Participants can propose types of program or activity, but they should be mixed (at least 2 different functions). They have to propose the uses and program for the construction and for the surrounding area as well.
- The construction can have around 4,000㎡ but it is not restricted to this dimension. Any dimension is possible if it is justified.
- The proposal shall have the intention to improve the environment and bring benefits to the people living there.
1st Prize (1 team) - Certificate and 100,000 RMB (approx.15, 000 USD) (before tax);
2nd Prize (3 teams) - Certificate and 30,000 RMB (approx.4, 500 USD) (before tax);
3rd Prize (8 teams) - Certificate and 10,000 RMB (approx. 1, 500 USD) (before tax);
Honorable Mentions (several teams) - Certificate and 6-month free subscription of UED magazine
Official Site (English)