- Tag der Veröffentlichung
- Offener Wettbewerb
Associazione Culturale 120g, Firenze
The Castle of Ripafratta, one of the most important fortress of Tuscany, is a ruin since the XVI century. The last renovation was designed by the famous renaissance architect Giuliano da Sangallo in 1504, probably in collaboration with Leonardo da Vinci.
Is it possible to bring life back inside this medieval walls? The answer to this question is in the hands of the architects, the engineers and the students who will participate to this competition.
The submitted projects will be displayed in an exhibition in a historical villa and the winners, in addition of receiving a prize, will be invited to explain their project to the citizens during the “Festival of the Castle”, June 8-9th 2019.
Open ideas competition
Architects, Engineers, Students
Beginning of the competition: January 28, 2019
Submission deadline: May 15, 2019
Jury meetings: from May 16, 2019
Festival of the Castle, exhibition of the projects,
winners announcement: June 08/09, 2019
- Massimo Alvisi & Junko Kirimoto (Alvisi Kirimoto + Partners)
- Gong Dong (Vector Architects)
- Mats Andersen & Trond Greve (MIR)
- Marco Giorgio Bevilacqua (UNIPI)
- Werner Tscholl (Werner Tscholl Architecture)
- Chris Precht (Penda)
- Ted Baab (SO-IL)
- Alejandro Guerrero & Andrea Soto (Atelier Ars)
- Marina Tabassum (Marina Tabassum Architecture)
- Gabriele Cei (Ordine degli Architetti di Pisa)
- Associazione Salviamo la Rocca (Popular Jury, selected and presided by Francesco Noferi: Fronte Baldassare, Magnozzi Luca, Burbi Livio, Ciucci Alessandro, Quilici Alfiero, Bracaloni Paolo, Madrigali Marta, Mengali Marzia, Biondi Michele, Bustaffa Enrico, Dell’Innocenti Sandro, Bianchi Lavinia, Romani Claudio, Angelici Gaetano)
The winners will receive 2000 euro.
The second prize is 300 euro.
The third prize is 200 euro.
More information and documents at