19.06.2017 - Comprehensive Renovation of the Drama Slovenian National Theater of Ljubljana
DRAMA Slovenian National Theater of Ljubljana, Slowenien
In cooperation with:
Chamber of Architecture and Spatial Planning of Slovenia (ZAPS), Ljubljana, Slowenien
Open two stage competition
The Slovenian National Theatre, Drama Ljubljana, is a central institution in theatre in Slovenia. Its premises are in the heart of Ljubljana. It is immediately identifiable by the appearance and image of its historical façade.
The Drama theatre building consists of a historical part (the auditorium and stage), built in 1909-1911, and two extensions (the left and right extension, on the east and west sides of the historical part), built in 1960-1967.
The purpose of the competition is to review different variants and concepts of a comprehensive renovation and obtain a solution which will provide:
– placement of the activities of Drama at its current location, in existing and new buildings, in the current above-ground dimensions,
– architectural and technical design of replacement construction for the existing parts of the building, extensions, and the basements, as well as modern, functional, safe, and beautiful new areas in rational spatial and material-technical frameworks
– stages and stage technology comparable to European classic and modern theatres
– preservation of all the quality characteristics of the existing Drama building and its different parts, from the perspective of cultural heritage protection
– practical quality material-technical restoration of the historical, preserved part of Drama
– quality connection of the historical part with newly built extensions
– respect for the current qualities of the urban space in which the new Drama is placed, including the open space in the immediate vicinity and the view of the street environment of Igriška Ulica and Gradišče Ulica
– a new building complex which will, with its quality architectural image and arrangement of external surfaces, upgrade the existing public urban space in the capital city.
The new architecture and arrangement should have added value, offering itself as a design motif for postcards of Ljubljana and Slovenia.
19. Juni 2017
Link zur Ausschreibung
Matija Bevk · Vasa J. Perović · Samo Bojnec · Valentin Tribušon · Urban Petranovič · Mitja Usenik · Irene Salord Vila · Andrej Ukmar
Jurij Kobe · Paulo Barbaresi · Nataša Blažko · Maja Kovačič · Tanja Paulin · Peter Plantan · Urša Podlipnik · Ina Radšel
Matej Blenkuš · Katja Cimperman · Anja Cvetrežnik · Grega Valenčič · Rok Staudacher · Ambrož Bartol · Tadej Rezar · David Klobčar · Matic Banko
Aljoša Dekleva · Tina Gregorič · Mojca Kocbek Vimos · Naia Sinde · Jan Žužek · Martin Kruh · Martina Marčan · Vid Zabel
Uroš Razpet · Gašper Fabijan · Gašper Medvešek · Karin Rožman · Petar Vidanoski