25.02.2017 - #01 The Eiffel Tower
AIIC – Architecture International Idea Competition, Meudon, Frankreich
Open ideas competition
Well, we love the Eiffel Tower as it is. But what if, it wasn’t like that? How would the city of Paris be like? If it was you, how would you design it? What materials would you use?
As one of the most iconic landmarks in the world, the first goal of this International Competition is to design a new icon to the city of Paris.
The architecture of this new structure should reflect contemporary design and historical tendencies.
The proposal must not only attend to the specific function but the design should also take into consideration the urban insertion and impact geared towards creating a new perspective of the city.
This competition hopes to achieve the following:
- To generate a balance between the real historical moment of the monument and nowadays.
- To find a design excellence between existing architecture and engineering with the project to be.
- Research, respond to and highlight the unique aspects of designing an original tower.
- To generate the discussion of ideas regarding the functionality of towers in relation with art and sculpture.
- Estimulate the employment of sustainable design in all aspects of the proposal.
11. – 25. Februar 2017
Link zur Ausschreibung